Warning: Badassery Ahead!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Official Abridged Series thread!

Go down 
+2
PHAThand
Tren
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tren
Rick Roller
Rick Roller

The Official Abridged Series thread! Empty
PostSubject: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:43 am

So, who here likes Abridged series?

For those of you who doesn't know when an Abridged series is, allow me to explain... well, at least TRY to explain. An Abridged series is a TV series (usually an anime) who's episodes has been redubbed and shortened. This is done in a humorous manner, and often pokes fun of some of the more ludicrous aspects of that show. I guess it can be defined as a fan parody. An Abridged series can vary from the really good to the really bad.

So yeah, this thread is for discussing what sort of Abridged series you like, and then show them to your fellow users. Allow me to start first.

Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged:

I'm not sure if it's the first Abridged series ever, but it's at least the first Abridged series that really took off. Created by YouTube user LittleKuriboh, YGO Abridged parodies the exploits of Yugi Moto, who has to face his destiny and battle some of the greatest evils that earth has to offer... by playing a children's card game. It's pretty hilarious, even if you aren't already a Yu-Gi-Oh fan.

Season 1 playlist

Episode 1 Redux (with better voice acting and in STUNNING HD! Watch this after watching the original episode above ito see how far littleKuriboh has come).

LittleKuriboh's YouTube channel

Naruto Abridged:

Yeah, you've most likely heard of Naruto, the young ninja student with a bright orange jumpsuit (wait, is that an oxymoron?). Watch in awe as 10 episodes of filler is reduced to 10 minute videos! My God, the creators must have some crazy editing ninjitsu!

This series is actually made by two people: MasakoX and Vegeta8639.

Episode 1

Vegeta8639's YouTube channel

NOTE: It seems like a lot of the Naruto Abridged episodes are not on the original creator's channel, so you have to search around if you want to see all the episodes. Shouldn't be too hard, though.

Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Now, this may be one of the more refined Abridged series, as it's made by a whole team of abridgers called TeamFourStar (which includes both creators of Naruto Abridged, and with LittleKuriboh cameoing as the narrator), and you will notice the added effort that is put into each episode. Also, who doesn't love Dragon Ball?

This Abridged series is also special for being one of the few that are featured on a very high-profile site... namely, ThatGuyWithTheGlasses.com.

Playlist

TeamFourStar's YouTube Channel

Well, that was it. If you're not familiar with these Abridged series (or even any Abridged series at all), I won't force you to watch all the episodes in the playlists that I've posted. Now, what do you guys think? Ya like these?

Also, I'm well aware that there are MANY more Abridged series out there. If you got some favorites that isn't listed here, why not share them with us?

And as an added bonus question: If you were to Abridge an animated series, which series would you abridge? Personally, I'd probably go with Sonic X. Or possibly Beyblade (damn, that show is a joke by itself).
Back to top Go down
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:21 pm

the dbz one is by far the best if you as me
Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:06 pm

the yugioh one was AWESOME
Back to top Go down
ShawnK
Silver-Haired Sissy
Silver-Haired Sissy
ShawnK

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:17 am

not a big fan of the naruto abridged as for yu gi oh and especially DBZ i just can't help but check their profiles every ten minutes hoping for an update Very Happy XD
Back to top Go down
Jarhead666
WHITE TIGER!!!
WHITE TIGER!!!
Jarhead666

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:23 pm

lol thats fucking wicked, i like the yugioh one the best
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Just finished watching the Abridged DBZ season finale. Fuckin awesome! Hahaha makes me want the new Ghostbusters game that much more!
Back to top Go down
http://www.blurrypron.com
ShawnK
Silver-Haired Sissy
Silver-Haired Sissy
ShawnK

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 am

Dukey wrote:
Just finished watching the Abridged DBZ season finale. Fuckin awesome! Hahaha makes me want the new Ghostbusters game that much more!

Lol that was a great season finale, maybe they will carry nappa over like that for a few episodes XD he was to short lived :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Abridged Series thread!   The Official Abridged Series thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Abridged Series thread!
Page 1 of 1