Warning: Badassery Ahead!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Audio/video recording/editing

Go down 
+2
Dukey
brandnizzle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
brandnizzle
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
brandnizzle

Audio/video recording/editing Empty
PostSubject: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:15 pm

Alright, so as i am well aware that many of us BPers also double as small time musicians, I figure that someone may be able to provide useful information on computer based music recording. What recording/editing programs does the blurrypron team use to pump out hit after hit of their top notch programming? Any reviews on mics might be good to. My current setup involves my petty logitech usb rock band mic held up tp my amp OR set in front of my acoustic for soft and sensual business time.

But direct input from my amp to pc works like shite so unless i get a better soundcard im hooped. And other than that, my webcam works decent as long as im loud enough. The only problem being that audio/video editing is virtually non existant on windows movie maker.

Im not looking for abbey road quality stuff, just simple and effective editing software. preferrably free or free to obtain by illicit methods. excluding sexual favours. Peace!
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:17 pm

I use Sony Vegas and an Apex 440 Condenser microphone. But I THINK Bubz uses Acid for his music recording/editting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blurrypron.com
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:47 pm

Dukey wrote:
I use Sony Vegas and an Apex 440 Condenser microphone. But I THINK Bubz uses Acid for his music recording/editting.

he drops acid and makes shit happen.
Back to top Go down
chefprotoss
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
chefprotoss

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

I use audacity for recording audio. It's pretty popular amung the vg reviewer community on the web. I first learned about it from benzaie almost a year and a half ago. It's 100% free and seriously kicks ass. I use sony vegas to edit video but vegas offers nothing in the way of audio editing. I think it's so you'll buy sony's audio editing program sound forge. I have used sound forge(a looong time ago) and I think audacity is way better. Just google search it and 2 min lateryou'll have yourself a sweet editing program.
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 9:53 am

I use Sony Acid Music Studio 7.0, Ive used sound forge, audacity, cool edit, shit loads of other editors and nothing compares to Acid Music, its so easy to use but its not free, i mean... it could be free if you catch my drift but i actually have a legit copy and i hear about how people love audacity but i think it can suck my nuts in comparison to acid music, i tried it and i didnt like it at all but it is free so if your looking for the cheap route and still legal then thats probobly the way to go, eh oh! and I use a Samson Q1U dynamic microphone, picked it up for bout 60 bucks 2 years ago and i love it
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:04 am

chefprotoss wrote:
I use sony vegas to edit video but vegas offers nothing in the way of audio editing. I think it's so you'll buy sony's audio editing program sound forge.

I disagree,

We record our podcasts on vegas and almost all audio commentaries using vegas. It doesnt give a lot of flexability to your audio for music, so if you want to do audio recording for music like justin said I'd go with Acid or similar.

I've used Audacity before but theres a lot more setup for particular codecs and settings and stuff for music recording if I remember correctly.

If youre just doing backtracking voice over's you can pretty much use anything that converts to MP3 or the like.
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:06 am

ya from what ive used of vegas the audio part seems like a just very basic and simple form of acid music
Back to top Go down
brandnizzle
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
brandnizzle

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 8:18 pm

thanks for all the suggestions. another question though... is there any way to decrease audio latency without getting a better suited soundcard?
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:26 am

brandnizzle wrote:
thanks for all the suggestions. another question though... is there any way to decrease audio latency without getting a better suited soundcard?
If you're using a regular microphone that will happen along with the possibility of assloads of static. We ALL recommend getting a USB mic then the input it pure digital. With a regular mic your computer is having to convert the analog mic intake to a digital intake for it to properly record and that's probably why you're experiencing latency!
Back to top Go down
chefprotoss
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
chefprotoss

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Well said dukey
Back to top Go down
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 8:38 am

good stuff to know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Audio/video recording/editing   Audio/video recording/editing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Audio/video recording/editing
Page 1 of 1