Warning: Badassery Ahead!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's Your Favorite RPG?

Go down 
+10
Aftershock
Kazekawa
Finny
TeekusChrist
Mike
Paul
chefprotoss
Bubz
CanuckGamer
Dukey
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Favorite RPG Series?
Final Fantasy
What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_lcap57%What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
Dragon Quest
What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 5 ]
Tales of...
What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
.. of Mana
What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Disgaea
What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:04 pm

PS2's the way to go really.. but for the PS3 get Folklore, and Mercs2 right now(not an RPG but just get it.. trust me...) or wait for White Knight Chronicles, Dark Could 3, Rogue Galaxy 2(just an educated rumor), and Final Fantasy 13(just get it to watch Nomura fucking leave for good!). You could also get Enchanted Arms and Oblivion if yer into that stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blurrypron.com
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:05 pm

Oh yeah, and Star Ocean 4 is apparently a PS3 exclusive, I'm not a big Star Ocean fan, but they're really good games.
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:08 pm

Dukey wrote:
Oh yeah, and Star Ocean 4 is apparently a PS3 exclusive, I'm not a big Star Ocean fan, but they're really good games.
is it really? or is it going to be an exclusive like Bioshock was... where they're releasing it on the PS3 a year and some months later?

and i find it kind of wierd how the consoles' games are going this gen.
like... with the Xbox and PS2, the Xbox had way more FPS and action games than the PS2 did, while the PS2 had wayy more RPGs. now it's like flipped entirely almost (except that the 360 still has way more FPS's haha)
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:13 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
Dukey wrote:
is it really? or is it going to be an exclusive like Bioshock was... where they're releasing it on the PS3 a year and some months later?

and i find it kind of wierd how the consoles' games are going this gen.
like... with the Xbox and PS2, the Xbox had way more FPS and action games than the PS2 did, while the PS2 had wayy more RPGs. now it's like flipped entirely almost (except that the 360 still has way more FPS's haha)
When you make fun of fake exclusives, don't use Bioshock as an example.. use Resident Evil 4.. it's a Gamecube exclusive that ended up on every console and then some.
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 8:18 pm

bioshock was the first that came to mind, cuz i'm having a huge discussion about it on a different site
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 12:02 pm

For PS3 RPG's right now we've just got Disgaea 3(looks like an anime'd up Final Fantasy Tactics or Ogre Tactics game), Enchanted Arms, Folklore(which I heard was really good but way different than your common RPG meaning not traditional, meaning not my style, haha), and Oblivion. Soon we'll be getting Valkyria Chronicles(an RPG with tanks), Fallout 3, Eternal Sonata, Free Realms, The Last Remnant, Rise of The Argonauts, and Two Worlds(heard this one was crap). The ones I just mentioned are all out before xmas. Then next year is when the good ones are kumin. I'm not even excited about Final Fantasy 13 and it's shitty little emo brother Versus.. that shit is gonna follow Squaresoft suit and eat alotta dick. Like really.. 1st they take AWAY all my favorite summons, and now they bring them back as.. motorcycles? Fuck you Square.. Fuck you!
Back to top Go down
Kazekawa
Shark Baby
Shark Baby
Kazekawa

PostSubject: Eww   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:31 am

Mike wrote:
FF7 is the best. Sephiroth and Cloud are the epitome of Antagonist and protagonist

Except that Sephiroth is the ultimate mommas boy and Cloud is a confused and depressed little bitch.

You want the best? Kefka from FF6, in the first half of the game alone he does more than Seph ever did and that's before he became god and rearranged the contients to his liking.

Come on spoony. Zeromous was also the physical or non-physical representation of "evil".
Back to top Go down
http://www.kazekawa.com
Kazekawa
Shark Baby
Shark Baby
Kazekawa

PostSubject: Rather than say my favorite, I will just list my top 13.   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 5:53 am

1. Final Fantasy 6
2. Final Fantasy 9
3. Secret of Evermore
4. Secret of Mana
5. Earthbound
6. Suikoden
7. Chrono Trigger
8. Final Fanasy 7/Final Fantasy 4/ Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Any of these are interchangeable)
9. Kingdom Hearts
10. Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
11. Super Mario RPG
12. Legend of Zelda SNES/64 (It really is a toss up)
13. Final Fantasy Tactics

Now mind you, Kingdom Hearts and Zelda can be described as action adventures, but they have all the elements of an RPG with the exception of a level up system in Zelda. Zelda still has a massive story, quests, dungeons and so on which are part of the base of rpgs. In addition, Final Fantasy Tactics could be called a strategy game but it really is a "Strategy RPG". I could really extend this list to a top 20 but I already forced myself to go up to 13 and even as I type this, I just remember at least 8 more games that should be on the list. Me thinks i'll stop here.

These are not in exact order as that would be asking me to pick what leg to cut off.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kazekawa.com
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 am

Kazekawa wrote:
Mike wrote:
FF7 is the best. Sephiroth and Cloud are the epitome of Antagonist and protagonist

Except that Sephiroth is the ultimate mommas boy and Cloud is a confused and depressed little bitch.

You want the best? Kefka from FF6, in the first half of the game alone he does more than Seph ever did and that's before he became god and rearranged the contients to his liking.

Come on spoony. Zeromous was also the physical or non-physical representation of "evil".
HUZZAH! Finally someone who agrees that Seph's just a whiney little emo bitch and that Cloud is jealous of Seph's love for his mother because he wanted some Seph-ass action! Kuja and Kefka are easily the greatest bosses around! Kefka's pure demented evil and WINS, and Kuja's got good purpose for the way he is making you feel bad for him, then he basicly sides with you and the VERY end. That and he's got a steel thong, it takes a true man to go into battle wearing a steel thong.
Back to top Go down
Aftershock
Shark Baby
Shark Baby
Aftershock

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 am

I can't believe no one has even mentioned Legend of Dragoon. Sure it was Sony's first attempt at RPG, but the FMV, story line, and intigrated additions in the battle system still make it worth mentioning.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm

Aftershock wrote:
I can't believe no one has even mentioned Legend of Dragoon. Sure it was Sony's first attempt at RPG, but the FMV, story line, and intigrated additions in the battle system still make it worth mentioning.
I love that game! I played through it again like 5 months ago!
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:16 pm

Aftershock wrote:

i went back to play that again a while ago... i needed to play it on my 12" tv instead of my 32" lmao.
the intro to the game is better quality than 3/4 of the ps2 rpg intros i've seen (including FFX, FFXII, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean TTEOT, and Dark Cloud), and that's saying a LOT for a late PS1 game.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 5:22 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
Aftershock wrote:

i went back to play that again a while ago... i needed to play it on my 12" tv instead of my 32" lmao.
the intro to the game is better quality than 3/4 of the ps2 rpg intros i've seen (including FFX, FFXII, Rogue Galaxy, Star Ocean TTEOT, and Dark Cloud), and that's saying a LOT for a late PS1 game.
NOTHING is better than Rogue Galaxy, now you sit back down!
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 10:51 pm

i said the intro, not the game.
l2read. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 11:40 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
i said the intro, not the game.
l2read. Razz
Thas what I was referring to, the intro to Rogue Galaxy is EPIC!!
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 12:55 am

eh, it may be epic, but like... cg quality wise, it's sub-par.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 9:46 am

TeekusChrist wrote:
eh, it may be epic, but like... cg quality wise, it's sub-par.
U mean EPIC-par.
Back to top Go down
CanuckGamer
Zombie Killa!
Zombie Killa!
CanuckGamer

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm playing Final Fantasy IX right now and it's teh sechs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.debasedtothis.org
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 6:26 pm

CanuckGamer wrote:
I'm playing Final Fantasy IX right now and it's teh sechs.
Fo sho! Probably my favorite Final Fantasy and the last good one. I mean.. 12 was okay.. all it was lacking was a good story and that's kinda key when it comes to RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Party Animal!
Party Animal!
Paul

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 7:54 pm

i liked 8... and 10.. 9 didnt intruge me much besides the point you could play 2 players even if it was just for the battles
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2008 9:13 pm

GOLDEN SUN 1 FTW! i know i posted that once already, it just felt right
Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:01 pm

my fav RPG series is the mario RPGs.i have all of them. except i only have super mario rpg for virtual console but i have all the paper mario and mario & luigi games for their respective systems. i also really like chrono trigger and dragon warrior 1 and 4. i like final fantasy 1 and 6, but i still think that series is pretty overrated. secret of mana is good too.
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:03 pm

not a huge rpg guy, i cant play one game for hours upon hours, i get bored pretty easily unless its amazing and ive yet to find that one rpg that i can just play forever, wow couldnt even keep me hooked for long so i think its just not meant to be hahaha
Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 5:11 pm

i don't play them too much. the mario RPGs are the only ones i play more than once or twice and they're the only ones i push myself to finish and sometimes even get 100% on. paper mario TTYD i had almost every single thing. one badge missing, and a few food recipes and my play time was 99:59 (at max) then......................corrupt memory card....................
Back to top Go down
BoboTheMonkey
The Red Comet!
The Red Comet!
BoboTheMonkey

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 10:53 am

Final Fantasy VII is still my favourite game of all time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Your Favorite RPG?   What's Your Favorite RPG? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's Your Favorite RPG?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next