Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
vishalsingh17
Shark Baby
Shark Baby

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:33 am

i feel so lucky to be born right in the MIDDLE of two major eras, and now that i think about it, im lucky my parents are cheap and just bought me a sega genesis instead of a ..."play...sta...tion?" it gave me a far broader love and understanding for video games, along with playing my cousin's SNES so by the time i got my N64, i was enough of a retro gamer... even tho i didnt see it as retro.... but w/e i just enjoy being a hybrid of retro and current video games, im lucky, most ppl my age can't appreciate the classics like i do cuz they didn't actually legitly grow up with them like all u old retro gamers Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://vishalsinghfilms.spruz.com/intro/
Jawshy
Octorok
Octorok

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:08 pm

PHAThand wrote:
game play will always be more important to graphics to me, but to a lot of people it is the other way around these days and that is why I believe the video game industry is slowly working it's way into the toilet.

No, I think it's heading there pretty damn fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoboTheMonkey
The Red Comet!
The Red Comet!

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:45 am

Thing is, we're constantly driving for graphics that look realistic. What happens when we get to a point where graphics are as realistic as they can ever get?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:08 pm

i think games are alreday pretty bad, i am not looking forward to the future of gaming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:26 am

vishalsingh17 wrote:
i feel so lucky to be born right in the MIDDLE of two major eras, and now that i think about it, im lucky my parents are cheap and just bought me a sega genesis instead of a ..."play...sta...tion?" it gave me a far broader love and understanding for video games, along with playing my cousin's SNES so by the time i got my N64, i was enough of a retro gamer... even tho i didnt see it as retro.... but w/e i just enjoy being a hybrid of retro and current video games, im lucky, most ppl my age can't appreciate the classics like i do cuz they didn't actually legitly grow up with them like all u old retro gamers Razz

dude im only 14, i have like 1 or 2 friends that like retro games and its sucks all my other friends are friggin PS3 fanboys and graphics whores. it sucks fudge biscuits. i was born in '94 but my family already had an NES and a Genesis so thats how i got into retro games
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:06 pm

i got a game boy as my 1st console and it is still one of my favorites today. after the gameboy i got a nes then a mega drive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Bottom Line: Gameplay > Graphics

Sure graphics play a big role in the presentation, but the thing is if a game ain't fun, you're not gonna stick around just because it looks pretty, maybe for the story if you want to find out the ending, but oh wait yeah i forgot about a little thing called the internet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   

Back to top Go down

RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warning: Badassery Ahead! :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: