Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mr.n1nt3nd0
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

PostSubject: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:44 am

Now i know, i am a younger gamer, but im not talking about all younger gamers and im not talking about all retro gamers either. i'm talking about the younger gamers who only care about the graphics in a game and base the quality of a game solely on the graphics, the younger gamers who have zero appreciation for the classics and think that they're all crap, but they don't realize that without those games, their grand theft autos, and call of duties wouldn't be what they are today. Also, the thing about these "retro" gamers i'm talking about are the people that think people are idiotic and not a gamer just because they don't like a certain game. these two types of people annoy the hell out of me!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paul
Party Animal!
Party Animal!

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:13 pm

pretty much everyone is a gamer.. as long as youve touched a controller lol, dont need to be the best of the best and play games all the time to be a gamer, thats more of a loser maybe? also.. now a days the graphics do show a lot in the games performance, back in the day, ya the graphics were just whatever as long as the game is good, but now if the graphics are crap usually 95% of the time especially with the new systems the game is pretty shitty or incrediably short, then again there really isnt many "good" games out there right now because its graphics > game play right now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Paul wrote:
then again there really isnt many "good" games out there right now because its graphics > game play right now
exactly, that's one thing i hate, most companies nowadays spend too much time on the graphics and not enough on the gameplay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jarhead666
WHITE TIGER!!!
WHITE TIGER!!!

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:54 pm

but at times graphics enhance gameplay, imagine cod in 16 bit graphics, it would suck ass
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:56 pm

it may not suck, but it obviously wouldn't be as good. i mean wolfenstein 3D didn't suck ass......................
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ihatepeace22
King Slime
King Slime

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:24 pm

We would barely know what an FPS was....
So we wouldn't care.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:27 pm

true!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am

game play will always be more important to graphics to me, but to a lot of people it is the other way around these days and that is why I believe the video game industry is slowly working it's way into the toilet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:50 pm

exactly. i mean at least 90% of my friends care about graphics way more than gameplay and think PS3 is TEH BEST SYSTEM OF EVER!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:25 pm

mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
exactly. i mean at least 90% of my friends care about graphics way more than gameplay and think PS3 is TEH BEST SYSTEM OF EVER!
I like the PS3.. what's wrong with the PS3?

Paul
Party Animal!
Party Animal!

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 am

well for the most part the 80+ ps3s are best so far, can play all ps and ps2 games on it.. they are most modern in graphics and gameplay by far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:26 am

no, i dont have anything against the PS3 but they love it ONLY because of the graphics
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:52 pm

peoples initial judgements are based on graphics say what you want but its true, if theres a sneak peek at a game, before you know anything about the gameplay you always hear, that game looks amazing, so realistic blah blah blah so i believe graphics matter, programmers and what not keep raising the bar and you have to to keep making more innovative and better games to keep appealing and a part of that in graphics whether you like it or not and for pauls post i dont really agree i think ps3 and 360 and pretty much equal on graphics i remember when soul calibur 4 came out looking at the exact same screen from both ps3 and 360 and i couldnt tell them apart so saying that one system is better in the graphics department by alot, i dont agree with and as far as gameplay that depends on the person playing the system, you can find as many people who love the ps3 and hate the 360 shit and vice versa, and plus doesnt game play depend on the game itself and not its respective system?

just my 2 cents on the subject haha
Kamehameha

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blurrypron.com
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:17 am

sure, the game LOOKS good, but you dont know until you play it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:26 am

all i said was nowadays graphics do play a roll, a different roll for different people... but whether you want to admit it or not they do.

Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Bubz wrote:
all i said was nowadays graphics do play a roll, a different roll for different people... but whether you want to admit it or not they do.
And in a way graphics can mean a number of things. There's no such thing as 'good' graphics, that would be an opinion. The best graphics to me would be the game Rogue Galaxy because everything looks so vibrant and alive in the excellent animation. Whereas a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 looks extremely realistic, it doesn't mean I like the graphics(i do, but im trying to make apoint). So yes graphics mean alot, it just depends on opinion not so much realism.

mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:11 pm

yeah. i don't care if the game looks too realistic, i just hate when a game only consists of 3 colors (grey, brown and black) somehow that just depresses me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:25 pm

mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
yeah. i don't care if the game looks too realistic, i just hate when a game only consists of 3 colors (grey, brown and black) somehow that just depresses me.
*cough* Gears of War *cough* I like Gameboy games, they're like.. black and green.

Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:55 pm

mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:

i dont get it, is this next gen games we are talking about still? or what games are like this hahah

Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 3:44 pm

Dukey wrote:
mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
*cough* Gears of War *cough*
indeed *cough* resistance *cough*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:44 pm

mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
Dukey wrote:
mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
*cough* Gears of War *cough*
indeed *cough* resistance *cough*
Pff, Resistance was clearly grey, GREEN, and black, with some yellow.

mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:29 pm

well still very few colors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:04 pm

mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
Green is the only colour needed as the Gameboy taught us. Also Resistance takes place in the 1940's they wanted to go for that black and white war video feel from WW2.

mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Dukey wrote:
mr.n1nt3nd0 wrote:
Green is the only colour needed as the Gameboy taught us

yeah for a handheld
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:14 pm

Graphics mean nothing to me, as you were just saying the Gameboy is simply green and black and it has some of my favorite games ever!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers   

Back to top Go down

RANT!: Younger Gamers and "Retro" Gamers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next