Warning: Badassery Ahead!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emulation - Good or Bad?

Go down 
+6
mr.n1nt3nd0
Paul
Dukey
digitaldebaser
Bubz
Mike
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

Emulation - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 5:10 pm

There was a good amount of conversation on Emulation after the latest ReachAround.

What are your takes? Give us your best points

And lets not be beligerant in here, I dont want to bust out my deletion hammer haha

So what do you think? Good or Bad? Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blurrypron.com
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 11:46 am

idunno i have mixed feelings on it, lets face it, we have all done it before but at least for me emulation just isnt near as sweet as actually playing the game so for that reason i dont like emulation just because i would rather play the real thing but honestly it doesnt bother me, there are alot worse things in the world so if you dont have the game or the system then whatever, thats just how i feel
Back to top Go down
digitaldebaser
Rick Roller
Rick Roller

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:24 pm

I don't think that emulation is all that bad because there's always that feeling that you're not enjoying it like you could be. Plus my NES is being a bitch, so I kinda have to. I have about 90% of the stuff I'm playing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:32 pm

Yeah, I kinda use emulation as a demo for older games. If I see the game somewhere and it's for a decent price I'll quickly come home and emulate it to see if it's decent, then i run back and buy it if it's good. Also emulation is good for shit that didn't come our way,like the DBZ RPG!
Back to top Go down
Paul
Party Animal!
Party Animal!
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 1:46 pm

I dont even use emulations, I did for like ff7/8/9 so i could speed hack the boring shit.. as if you all dont know what im talking about, such extra garbage in that game and they walk so freaking slow! other then that I dont use it, personally it ruins a lot of games for me b/c I get to tabby and just end up holding it down the entire game b/c its all to boring lol
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Dukey wrote:
Also emulation is good for shit that didn't come our way,like the DBZ RPG!
the dbz rpg is like the only reason i started using roms because that game kicked/ still kicks... so much ass. seriously that game needs to be re made.
Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 10:14 pm

Bubz wrote:
idunno i have mixed feelings on it, lets face it, we have all done it before but at least for me emulation just isnt near as sweet as actually playing the game so for that reason i dont like emulation just because i would rather play the real thing but honestly it doesnt bother me, there are alot worse things in the world so if you dont have the game or the system then whatever, thats just how i feel
exactly what i was gonna say. i only have one emulated game and that's pokemon fire red. the thing that's awesome about the emulated version is that you can save right before you attempt to catch a pokemon and if he breaks out just reload to before you threw a poke ball and i can speed it up
Back to top Go down
Natalie
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:04 pm

in all honesty I love emulation due to the fact well I just don't have the resources nor funds to get all the games I truly love to play. I don't think I would plug it because I think it's important that you still buy games but really I love it - it's just dandy!

Oh, also I think really using a console is far superior with friends though. All the way. Emulation is like guilty pleasure alone time that ISN'T MASTURBATION. I realize that this last sentence sounded perverse so I had to add the masturbation in there.
Back to top Go down
BoboTheMonkey
The Red Comet!
The Red Comet!
BoboTheMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:37 pm

Well, once a game goes out of production, the company can no longer make any money off the title (Unless you count Virtual Console releases and stuff, but not all games get that treatment), so it's not as if your shafting the developers unless it's a game that they are still producing.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm

BoboTheMonkey wrote:
Well, once a game goes out of production, the company can no longer make any money off the title (Unless you count Virtual Console releases and stuff, but not all games get that treatment), so it's not as if your shafting the developers unless it's a game that they are still producing.
Crystal EXACTLY! Crystal
Back to top Go down
mr.n1nt3nd0
mr.n1nt3nd0

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:27 am

BoboTheMonkey wrote:
yeah i get games on emulators if i can't find it cheap enough on ebay or at a used game store or something.
Back to top Go down
brennzky
Rick Roller
Rick Roller
brennzky

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 6:59 am

I emulate MAME like a motherfucker. Hook that poopsie up with a good controller and have tons of fun! But most arcade developers are out of business these days, aside from the big ones like Namco, Taito, Atari, etc. I say MAME is fair game though

I personally emulate a lot of old consoles, but I still buy the games on VC as well. There are too many shit games on older consolse to waste money on if you are not a die hard collector. If an older game deserves it , I will buy it legit.

Emulation for newer games I do not do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thegamerstavern.com
PHAThand
God of War
God of War

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:09 am

Emulation is a tricky subject because as much as it is considered illegal I don't know a single person who has been charged or convicted of it and all of my friends as well as myself emulate all the time. So is it really as bad as they say? If so why don't they enforce it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emulation - Good or Bad?   Emulation - Good or Bad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emulation - Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 1