Warning: Badassery Ahead!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warning: Badassery Ahead!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!

Go down 
+3
Bubz
Mike
Dukey
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:50 am

For next weekend so I can play Mobile Ops. One Year War!! I REALLY hope this game comes to PC or PS3 eventually. Then again it might suck, it looks like there's next to nothing for a campaign mode. Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.blurrypron.com
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:12 pm

woot 360

This one time, there was a guy, and he was riding a horse, and he had this hat on and he was all like omg my name is jude and i was like really my name is mike and he goes omg i know a guy named mike he runs a store down the road from here do you want to meet him and i said no thats okay i already know that mike and he doesnt like me that much because i buy all his licorice and he said oh no thats too bad well i should get going and i said okay nice to talk to you jude and he said you as well and he left.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Hahahaha wtf!? I'm craving French Fries!
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:01 pm

man goat
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 1:10 pm

DICKPANTZ!!!
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:17 pm

sweet
i havent touched my 360 in almost 3 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:27 pm

Thas why instead of buying one.. I'm renting one for a weekend, haha!
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:51 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
sweet
i havent touched my 360 in almost 3 weeks.

You must be saving up..

With an all star line up of Fable 2, Fallout 3, Gears 2 and CoD 5 in the span of 2 weeks thats a lot of gaming to do.
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 am

Fallout 3 and CoD:W@W are coming out on PC, so i'll be getting those for free, GoW2 i'm waiting for the PC release for the engine (the first game was meh IMO), so really, the only game i'm willing to pay for will be Fable 2.

but i'm wanting Tales of Vesperia and Infinite Undiscovery more than those games, tbh.
but the main reason for the lack of 360 gaming lately is because i got a whole new slew of anime, movies and tv series' to watch... like all 7 seasons of Star Trek Voyager, all 8 seasons of CSI Vegas, 3 seasons of Lost, 2 seasons of Heroes... i got a lot of stuff to watch lol.

i've also got Crysis: Warhead to play, STALKER: Chernobyl, STALKER: Clear Sky on PC, Final Fantasy 1-6, Echochrome, Patapon, Monster Hunter Freedom 1&2, Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner, Popolocris, Tales of Eternia, Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology, Yggdra Unison, Valkyrie Profile, The Legend of Heroes 1-3, Spectral Souls, Riviera, Disgaea, FFT, FF7:Crisis Core and the entire Myst series to plough through, all on the PSP.

and dont even get me STARTED on the PS2 backlog list...
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:22 am

Holy christ kid, you've got quite the list.

Did you know your can stream your videos and stuff from your computer to your xbox assuming you have it set up on your network (which you should if you have xbl)

saves your back from sitting in your compy chair and instead sitting on your uber comfy couch (assuming you have one haha)
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:47 am

...idk why i'd do that, since all i have to do is change the channel on the tv to switch between the computer and xbox.
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:48 am

oh tom your too school for school aren't ya? hahahah
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:35 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
...idk why i'd do that, since all i have to do is change the channel on the tv to switch between the computer and xbox.

yeah well some of us have a computer in our bedrooms and tvs in our livingrooms. Jeeeeeeeeez
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:44 pm

come on mike.... thats crazy talk
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:47 pm

my bedroom's too small for my tv lol
also, Crysis on 32inch 720p tv = omfg.
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 12:49 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
my bedroom's too small for my tv lol
also, Crysis on 32inch 720p tv = omfg.

32" is the perfect size for a bedroom tv.

Crysis on 50inch 1080p tv = omfg better than joo
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:45 pm

my bedroom's tiny. like, i have a single-sized bed, a dresser and a night-table thing in there with a 6-inch wide walk-way down the middle. 6 feet wide by 10 feet long.

and videogames can't truly reach 1080p resolution yet, so having a 1080p tv for gaming is useless.
you'd need to have like 16xAnti-Aliasing, huge anisotropic filter settings, resolution 1920x1080 minimum, and have diffuse/specular/normal/parallax/displacement/bump/height/texture maps of at least 4096 res (crysis' max texture size is 4096. Unreal3's highest texture they have is 2048's [but man do they have a lot of them]) being displayed at max-settings, and still be able to run the game smoothly.

now, lets take texture sizes into account first and foremost. a 4096x4096 texture map for a character's upper body (following the Crysis body layout, where the legs get a map, the torso gets a map, and the head gets a map), each texture is approximately 64MBs (assuming the image is a 32-bit Targa with no alpha transparencies). multiply that by 7 to get the amount of maps needed to make a character look good, and you get 448MBs. half a gig of textures, just to draw one character on screen. multiply that by like what...10? (about what's needed for online multiplayer in an FPS, or half of what's needed for a single-player campaign [since enemies you kill are usually done at half-res (which is actually 1/4 resolution, but whatever) of the player's character]) and you get approximately 5gigs, just of textures needed to draw the characters. add in environmental meshes with about 1/4 the enemy textures, then add in the anti-aliasing, anisotropic, physics, particle effects, draw distance, enemy AI calculations/whatever else.... you'd need about 8+ gbs RAM (or one HUGE page-file), multi-threading up the ass, and like tri-sli for 1080p gaming.

3/4 of the games that say they are 1080p compatible are actually just 720p scaled up and blurred a bit to make it look 1080p. and every 1080i game out there is actually just 540p (which is slightly better than regular cable TV settings of 480p).

the PS3 has all the hardware needed for it, but it's so hard to program for the PS3, that most companies will just port a 360 game to it, which can barely support true 1080p (but it still can, nonetheless). the games that are ps3 exclusives with 1080p compatibility are what... Uncharted and MGS4? i cant remember if Heavenly Sword was or not...
Back to top Go down
Mike
King of The Dragons
King of The Dragons
Mike

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 2:44 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
my bedroom's tiny. like, i have a single-sized bed, a dresser and a night-table thing in there with a 6-inch wide walk-way down the middle. 6 feet wide by 10 feet long.

and videogames can't truly reach 1080p resolution yet, so having a 1080p tv for gaming is useless.
you'd need to have like 16xAnti-Aliasing, huge anisotropic filter settings, resolution 1920x1080 minimum, and have diffuse/specular/normal/parallax/displacement/bump/height/texture maps of at least 4096 res (crysis' max texture size is 4096. Unreal3's highest texture they have is 2048's [but man do they have a lot of them]) being displayed at max-settings, and still be able to run the game smoothly.

now, lets take texture sizes into account first and foremost. a 4096x4096 texture map for a character's upper body (following the Crysis body layout, where the legs get a map, the torso gets a map, and the head gets a map), each texture is approximately 64MBs (assuming the image is a 32-bit Targa with no alpha transparencies). multiply that by 7 to get the amount of maps needed to make a character look good, and you get 448MBs. half a gig of textures, just to draw one character on screen. multiply that by like what...10? (about what's needed for online multiplayer in an FPS, or half of what's needed for a single-player campaign [since enemies you kill are usually done at half-res (which is actually 1/4 resolution, but whatever) of the player's character]) and you get approximately 5gigs, just of textures needed to draw the characters. add in environmental meshes with about 1/4 the enemy textures, then add in the anti-aliasing, anisotropic, physics, particle effects, draw distance, enemy AI calculations/whatever else.... you'd need about 8+ gbs RAM (or one HUGE page-file), multi-threading up the ass, and like tri-sli for 1080p gaming.

3/4 of the games that say they are 1080p compatible are actually just 720p scaled up and blurred a bit to make it look 1080p. and every 1080i game out there is actually just 540p (which is slightly better than regular cable TV settings of 480p).

the PS3 has all the hardware needed for it, but it's so hard to program for the PS3, that most companies will just port a 360 game to it, which can barely support true 1080p (but it still can, nonetheless). the games that are ps3 exclusives with 1080p compatibility are what... Uncharted and MGS4? i cant remember if Heavenly Sword was or not...

This message was too long and i lost interest after the first sentence so I'll paraphrase for you:

*flexes internet cock*
I'm smart with big words and important things
Also my real life penis is very small.
that is all.

Woot! haha but seriously all in jokes. Uncharted was fun but i rented it and took it back, and MGS was never my cup of tea. Whether it supports 1080p or not i still have it for when it is supported. Also my glorious blu ray movies make up for the console's resolutions.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:

The PS3 may be hard to program but NOTHING is harder to program for than the Sega Saturn. Saturn FTW!! But yeah.. 360 ftl considering all those games will come to PC. Including a crappy "Lost Chapters" version of Fable 2.... seriously, I heard the Lost Chapters version(which I have for PC) of the original was crappier than the original version, haha. I Was like "WHAAAAA?... Does this mean that they LOST chapters in the port?"
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:23 pm

haha oh dukey you are so god dam funny i cant help myself maaaan how did you get so god dam sweet and awesome i wish you would teach me so i could be as sweet as you are. YAY YOU
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:26 pm

CHEESE.... now shut up
Back to top Go down
Bubz
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness
Bubz

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 10:52 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:

how many ladies do you pick up with that paragraph?
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 11:01 pm

I checked at Rogers and they don't have Mobile Ops yet, but I just found out that they're making a Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2!!! With Nu-Gundam
Back to top Go down
TeekusChrist
Gotta Catchem All!
Gotta Catchem All!
TeekusChrist

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 1:53 pm

Dukey wrote:
I checked at Rogers and they don't have Mobile Ops yet, but I just found out that they're making a Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2!!! With Nu-Gundam

i was even trying to keep it simple too...

and to answer your question, it's about one every weekend.
Back to top Go down
Dukey
Ruler of Evil
Ruler of Evil
Dukey

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:15 pm

TeekusChrist wrote:
Dukey wrote:

i was even trying to keep it simple too...

and to answer your question, it's about one every weekend.
You quoted the wrong post Sad Fucking rogers..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!   BREAKING NEWS!  I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS! I WILL BE GETTING AN XBOX 360!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next